Like most other college students studying abroad, I am starting a blog to document my time abroad!
For those of you who don't know, Loyola has a campus in Rome, Italy: the John Felice Rome Campus. It is here where I will spend the next four months.
While abroad, I will be taking Italian 102, Introduction to Opera (for my dance minor), Theology: Roman Catholicism (on-site), and Honors Encountering Europe (a lit course).
I'm excited to live in Roma for a semester and be fully immersed into the culture. It will be an adventure and I am happy to have amazing friends (both old and new) to share this adventure with!
Tonight was our first night I was able to explore the eternal city. It is finally starting to sink in that I am here for four months. They organized a scavenger hunt for us explore (aka get lost on) the streets of Rome.
We made our way to the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and Piazza Navono among a few other piazzas and many impressive fountains.
I had to add a picture of my first gelato on the trip. Many more to come!
Trevi Fountain
Fountain and Pantheon
More orientation events coming up and Saturday we make our way to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum!
No comments:
Post a Comment